No doubt you’ll have heard of the term Cinemagraph since it exploded onto the Internets. Originally coined by Photographers Kevin Burg and Jamie Beck, a cinemagraph is a clever revival of the classic animated GIF. It combines features of video and photography to create a the illusion of a still image but with cool motion effects. Let’s take a look at how to create your own animated GIF cinemagraph by playing around with Photoshop‘s animation tools.
What is a Cinemagraph?
Some of the best cinemagraph examples can be found on the creators’ own website. Their original cinemagraphs from New York Fashion Week capture moments just like an ordinary photograph, but also preserve that living moment in time to re-experience endlessly.
Cinemagraph no photoshop. I Guarantee I Can Teach You to Master Photoshop. Learn How: Phlearn Phamily, you are in for a real treat!
As the popularity of the cinemagraph grew we began to see mobile apps such as Cinemagram emerge, which allows the easy creation of amateur cinemagraphs using the device’s built in camera. These apps provide a quick and easy cinemagraph solution, but as always you can achieve the best results when you have fine control over the whole production process, so let’s take a look at how to create our very own cinemagraph from scratch.
How to create a Cinemagraph
- Dec 31, 2015 For those that want to create cinemagraphs that can stand alone as detailed works of art, Photoshop is the only true option. Although there’s no automated one-step system built into the Adobe photo editor, the process is fairly painless. Find your video: You’ll only need a few seconds of video from any camera that takes video.
- Cinemagraph Photoshop Action. Create this amazing, cinemagraph effects with no work at all. Just open your footage, brush over the area that you want to stay active and play the action. Yes, it’s really that simple! After you play the action you can save it as a.gif, Full HD video or any other video format.
Cinemagraphs require some kind of motion, so while the final image looks much more similar to a photograph than a video, we need to begin with actual video footage. Adobe media encoder 2020 free download mac. Not all videos are suitable though. A cinemagraph is made from a loop using specific portion of the image, so the scene must feature both stationary and animated objects. Here’s a few tips to keep in mind when filming your own cinemagraph footage:
How To Make A Cinemagraph Photoshop
- Use a tripod. The background of your scene must remain perfectly still in order for just a specific subject to be animated.
- Feature a scene that includes some kind of continuous or looping motion. Cinemagraphs of subway trains or escalators work really well because they move consistently and predictably.
- Sometimes subtle effects result in the best cinemagraphs. A visually intense scene might just work better as a video, whereas the subtle animation of grass blowing in the wind or an intermittent blink of an eye can create a really impactful image.