Renewing Your Drive Only License
***EXTENSION OFFERED: DMV is offering extensions to Connecticut residents with expiring driver’s licenses, ID cards and learner’s permits. No late fees will be assessed for eligible credentials. See details here.
Deadlines Extended Due to COVID-19 – The DMV is extending the deadline to renew your driver’s license. Eligible driver’s license holders will not be charged a late. Google chrome remote desktop mac. The Department of Motor Vehicles began offering its new online renewal program to residents whose licenses or ID cards expired within the past 45 days as part of a “soft-launch” of the initiative.
- Proceed to the nearest DMV officeONLY. A Drive Only license cannot be renewed at a AAA location or Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union office.
- Your Drive Only License. If lost, bring one identity document from the Drive Only Renewal Document Checklist - English version Spanish version. If your documents are in a language other than English, they must be translated by a DMV-approved translator.
- Proof of Connecticut Residency: Two (2) different pieces of mail from two (2) different sources to prove your home is located in Connecticut. Mail must include your name and address, and be dated in accordance with the Drive Only Renewal Document Checklist - English version Spanish version.
- Name Change Documents, if applicable: Required if you need to change your name on your license. Please see the Drive Only Renewal Document Checklist - English version Spanish version - for acceptable name change documents.
Ct Dmv Expired License Renewal Requirements
- $72 renewal fee for a three-year renewal.
- See acceptable forms of payment.
- NOTE: Late fee of $25 will be charged for the renewal of an expired driver's license.