In order to get started with either of Logitech’s gaming proprietary software, you will need a product from Logitech’s gaming line. If it’s a wired device or a wireless device that works over the 2.4 GHz network, you’ll be quite likely be prompted to install a Logitech Gaming proprietary software. G703 comes equipped with the PMW3366 optical sensor with zero smoothing, filtering or acceleration across the entire DPI range (200-12,000DPI), delivering exceptional tracking accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. For even better accuracy and speed, use the surface tuning in Logitech G HUB.
This is a quick fix if you encounter a problem with G HUB suddenly not finding your device and you don’t have time to uninstall/reinstall G HUB software. This worked for me using the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Gaming Mouse. In my case, I would open G HUB and my gaming mouse wasn’t recognized. This is strange because it was working fine earlier in the day and my mouse has been connected the entire time. This was a quick fix that worked for me, but it’s not a final solution. I’m still not sure why this occurred.
Quick Fix – Mouse Not Connected – Here are the steps I used when my Logitech G HUB Showed “Connect Your Logitech G Gear,” but in fact, my mouse WAS connected.
1. Close G HUB. Here I’m closing G HUB through the taskbar.
2. Find G HUB inside your Logitech folder. In my case, the Logitech folder is called “Logi” and G HUB is located inside that folder.
3. Right-click on G HUB and choose Run as Administrator. This will open G HUB.
4. Your device/mouse/Logitech G Gear should now be recognized.
UPDATE 07/17/2019: This issue occurred again three days after performing the above steps. Here are the steps that fixed this issue “today.”
G703 G Hub
The new method – permanently set the G HUB to always run as administrator
1. Right-click G HUB in the taskbar and choose Quit.
2. Open the Windows 10 Start menu search (Windows key + S) and type in “G HUB” and once the G HUB app appears then right-click and choose Open File Location.
3. Right-click Logitech G HUB and choose Properties.
4. Inside Logitech G HUB Properties choose the Shortcut tab and click on Advanced.
5. Inside Advanced Properties check Run as administrator and click OK. Click OK to close the previous Properties window.
6. Now right-click the Logitech G HUB and choose Pin to taskbar.
7. Double click the G HUB icon in the taskbar. Your device should now be recognized and no longer see “Connect Your Logitech G Gear.”
This new method worked in my particular case to fix the issue today. If this occurs again and/or I find more information I will post it here.
Still having trouble? Contact Logitech Technical Support:
1 (646) 454-3200
6 AM to 6 PM Pacific Time
In 2016, Logitech G unveiled the new HERO (High Efficiency Rated Optical) sensor designed from the ground up to revolutionize the gaming sensor. The HERO architecture represented a new standard for performance and efficiency in optical gaming sensors. It not only supplied the most accurate and highest performing tracking by any sensor designed, but did so at up to 10x better efficiency than previous generations. HERO improved the experience of any kind of mouse and any kind of usage due to the capability to adapt and always provide best suited settings.
Today we are excited to announce that we have upgraded our HERO sensor, raising the upper limit from 16,000 DPI to 25,600 DPI, establishing it as the highest performing DPI sensor in the gaming industry.
At 25,600 DPI, the HERO 25K sensor is the world’s first sub-micron level mouse sensor. While sub-micron is mostly impractical for most players to use, it reflects the performance potential of the HERO architecture and sensor performance.
HERO 25K is the first sensor that can accurately track movement at the sub-micron level — 1 micron = 1 millionth of a meter, or 0.000001m. Without compromising on accuracy, this new sensor does this without the use of smoothing and without spurious motion, parasitic counts, making this one of the most accurate sensors on the market.
HERO 25K utilizes a smart power management system to continuously adjust frame rates based on the movement of the mouse to minimize power consumption. Even at high DPI, HERO is 10x more power efficient than previous Logitech G sensors.
Available today, through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players with the following mice:
- G903 HERO
- G502 LIGHTSPEED
- PRO Wireless
- G703 HERO
- G502 HERO
- G403 HERO