How to clear ram cache memory, fix RAM cached memory too high Windows 10Hi guys, I showed up in this tutorial how to clean cache memory in windows 10. Right-click on Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin) option. Note: You can also open Command prompt by searching for CMD in Windows 10 search bar. On the Command Prompt screen, type wmic cpu get L2CacheSize, L3CacheSize and press the Enter key on the keyboard of your computer. Once the command is executed, you will find L2, L3 Cache.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
by VivianFollow @WiseCleaner
There are many types of caches exist on some operating systems like windows 10. If your PC starts showing various kinds of issues, you’d better try clearing these stored caches to free up more space. here I will provide some simple methods on how to clear cache on your computer.
- Wise Care 365
- PC Cleaning and Speed up Tool
- Clean registry and junk files from your PCs. Protect your privacy and make your PCs more secure. Provide a better option for optimizing and accelerating your computer!
Suffering low disk space issue? Over time, there will be a lot of files accumulate in system caches, which can cause some issues for your computer. Clearing cache can not only make your PC run smoothly but also increase some free space. So I am writing here on how to clear cache on Windows 10.
Clear Browser’s Cache:
Go to the three-dot menu at the upper-right of Chrome to select'history' --> 'Clear browsing data' --> 'Cached images and files'.
Like Google, Microsoft is also keeping some of your history online. Choose “Clear all history” on the upper right corner, and then check the item of “Cached data and files”.
Clear temporary files cache:
Step 1: Open the start menu, type “Disk cleanup”.
Step 2: Select the drive where your Windows is installed. It’s the C drive in most of the cases. It will take some time to analyze all the files.
Step 3: Under the disk cleanup box, check “temporary files” and click on “OK”.
Clear File Explorer History
Step 1: Click File Explorer icon on the taskbar.
Step 2: On open File Explorer Window click “View” -->”Option” at the top.
Step 3: Go to click 'Clear' and “OK” button.
Except for the above methods, you can also try Wise Care 365, which allows you to delete all types of caches including windows system cache, windows installer cache, google chrome cache, and other caches with one click.
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Speed Up Your Computer Boot Time by Using Free Wise Care 365 Pro - The more programs in your boot list, the longer it may take to start up Windows. Wise Care 365 can help you to find out and disable these useless programs so that you can boot your computer fast.
- How to Clean Up Junk Files by Free Wise Care 365 Pro - Are there many junk files on your computer? After reading this article, you will know how to remove junk file from your PC in a quick way with our wise PC optimization tool.
- How to Clean Your Computer System with Wise Care 365 Pro - Is your computer running slow? As it gets older with collecting unused files or its settings take up hard drive space. Wise Care 365 can make your computer system completely clean and fast!
- How to Monitor Your System by Using Wise Care 365 Pro - If you are really conscious about your system’s performance then it is necessary that you should monitor it regularly. Using Wise Care 365 Pro, you can keep an eye on system resource usages of your PC and find out what is limiting your system performance.
- How to Optimize and Tune-up Your PC with Wise Care 365 Pro - Is your PC tired and sluggish? If you want a faster system, you could certainly break the bank and buy a new machine. Or you could read this article instead. Wise Care 365 can push your PC to work at optimum speed with the easy to use interface.
Similarly asked questions
- How to clear all type of Cache in Windows 10 PC
- How to clear System Cache in Windows 10?
- What is Disk Cleanup in Windows 10?
- How to clear the Windows Memory Cache?
Clear the cache is a process to free up some disk space. It is used to clear some temporary files and makes your PC faster. Computer users should occasionally clear the cache to free up disk space and improve the performance of their PC?s. Clear the cache is important for a computer's user because the cache in Windows can slow down your PC, or sometimes cause other problems.
What is Cache?
A cache is a collection of temporary files that are used by a program or the operating system. The memory where these temporary files of cache are stored, called cache memory. Cache memory stores data so that you can fetch it faster when you need it in the future.
Clear cache in Windows 10
There are many ways to clear the cache in Windows 10. Let's see some simple methods to clear the cache on your computer.
How To Clear Cached Ram In Windows 10
Method 1: Clean the temporary files in the settings
In this method, we remove temporary files or clear cache in your Windows settings. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Start menu and click on the Setting/gear icon option to open the Windows setting. See the below image.
- After clicking on the Setting option, a new window will appear. Click on the 'System' option.
- After clicking on the system, a new window will appear. Click on the 'Storage' option.
- After clicking on Storage, click on the 'Free up space now' option. You will find it under the Storage Sense. See the below image:
- Wait until the scanning process is complete. You will see a popup window like this:
- Select the files you want to remove and then click on the Remove files button.
- Now, wait to complete the cleaning process. This will clear your all selected temporary files and free up disk space on your computer.
Method 2: Use Disk Cleanup
You can also use the Disk Cleanup method to remove cache or temporary files to your PC. Follow the steps given below:
- Press the Windows logo key + R key simultaneously on your keyboard. It will invoke the Run box. Now, type 'cleanmgr.exe' and press Enter.
- Now, select the drive you want to clean up and then press 'Enter.'
- Now, click on the 'Clean up system files' button.
- A new popup window will appear. Click on OK when you asked, and it will calculate the total space you want to free.
- Check all items, and then click on OK.
- After clicking on OK, a new popup window will appear. Now, click on the 'Delete All' file.
How To Clear Cached Ram On Windows 10
- Now, wait for the Disk Cleanup to clean all your selected temporary files. The Disk Cleanup will clear all cache on your Windows 10 system.
Method 3: Clear the Windows Store cache
Windows Store cache are the temporary files that are created when you download apps. Macbook pro keeps restarting at boot. Follow the steps given below to clear the Windows Store cache:
- Press the ,Windows logo key + R key simultaneously on your keyboard. It will invoke the Run box. Now, type 'wsreset.exe' and press Enter.
- Now, wait to complete the process. It will clear the Windows Store cache. The Windows Store window will appear when it is completed.
Method 4: Clear your Browser's cache
These are the most common cache file types. These are created by your browser when you surf the Internet. Here, we are using the Chrome web browser. Follow the steps given below to clear the cache:
- Press the Ctrl, Shift, and Del/Delete keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Now, select 'All time' for the Time range, check the buttons to select the files you want to clear and click on the Clear data button. See the below image:
- After clicking on the 'Clear data' button, all your browser's cache files will be deleted.
Method 5: Clear your cache with CCleaner application
Some apps can be used to clear your cache very easily. CCleaner is a very easy application that you can use to clear your Windows 10 computer?s cache. Follow the steps given below:
- Download CCleaner from here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard, then Install and run CCleaner.
- After installation, click on the 'Analyze' button. It will analyze all your data to clear the cache files.
- After clicking on the Analyze button, you will see the files ready to clear. Now, click on the Run Cleaner button. See the below image:
- You will see a new popup window, click on the continue button.
- Now, this will delete all the cached files on your Windows 10 computer.