- OpenCL seems to impact libreoffice interface performance much worse in 5.1.5 than 5.0.4, so reverted and shut down OpenCL. They really need to bite the multi-core bullet. Last edited by lazardo; at 05:32 PM.
- LibreOffice Module opencl (master). On Windows, OpenCL platforms. 55 // typically provide two devices, one for the GPU and one for the CPU. 56 OpenCLDevice.
Menu Tools - Options - LibreOffice Calc - Formula, and in section Detailed Calculation Settings press Details. Button OpenCL™ is the first open, royalty-free standard for cross-platform, parallel programming of modern processors found in personal computers, servers and handheld/embedded devices.
The OpenCL 3.0 Finalized Specification was released on September 30th 2020
OpenCL 3.0 realigns the OpenCL roadmap to enable developer-requested functionality to be broadly deployed by hardware vendors, and it significantly increases deployment flexibility by empowering conformant OpenCL implementations to focus on functionality relevant to their target markets. OpenCL 3.0 also integrates subgroup functionality into the core specification, ships with a new unified API and OpenCL C 3.0 language specifications and introduces extensions for asynchronous data copies to enable a new class of embedded processors.
LibreOffice 4.2, the latest version of the world’s most popular open-source office suite, has been released.
The Document Foundation say the update features “a large number of performance and interoperability improvements“. Take a quick glance over the change log and you’ll learn that that quote is an understatement!
Let’s dive on in.
Libreoffice Openclipart Extension
GNOME Shell users will find Application Menu integration, while MATE and XFCE desktops now benefit from native ‘Open/Save’ dialogs.
LibreOffice 4.2 also includes a brand new icon theme. The flat, monochromatic ‘Sifr’ set, which can be enabled from Tools > Options > View, gives the entire app a cleaner, more polished appearance.
LibreOffice 4.2 also comes with a redesigned Start Screen. It adds a sidebar with launchers for the suite’s various core applications, and previews of recently edited documents.
Other changes listed include:
- ‘Major’ performance improvement to Calc
- Improvements to DOCX and RTF interoperability
- Import filters for AbiWord documents and Apple Keynote presentations
- Addition of ‘Expert Configuration’ window, available from ‘Advanced Options’
- Updated set of document styles
- OpenCL Support
- Various misc dialog and UI tweaks
For all the changes above the hood there are a tonne more to be found under it. This post barely scratches the surface of the changes arriving. For a thorough rundown of everything that’s new and improved mosey on over to the LibreOffice website.
Download LibreOffice 4.2
Samsung writemaster se-s204 driver download. LibreOffice 4.2 is available for download from libreoffice.org, and will ship as part of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS later this year. A pre-release PPA containing development builds of 4.2 for Ubuntu 13.10 is also available.