Piltover Peacemaker. Caitlyn revs up her rifle for 1 second to unleash a penetrating shot that deals physical damage (deals less damage to subsequent targets). W Yordle Snap Trap. Caitlyn sets a trap to find sneaky yordles. When sprung, the trap reveals and immobilizes the enemy champion for 1.5 seconds, granting Caitlyn an empowered Headshot. League of Legends Champion Spotlight: Vi, the Piltover Enforcer We looked in on Piltover Enforcer Vi just over a week ago, when the tea-wielding so-and-so was pottering around on LoL’s test server.
Viktor is officially being added to Legends of Runeterra in the Cosmic Creation expansion, Riot Games announced today.
Riot revealed Viktor alongside two other collectible cards, Death Ray-MK 1 and Iterative Improvement, all for the Piltover & Zaun region.© Provided by Dot Esports Image via Riot Games
Viktor is a four-mana champion unit wielding two power and four health with the new Augment keyword. In addition, Viktor creates a Hex Core Upgrade at the start of each round, which is a fleeting one-mana slow spell that gives Viktor a random positive keyword. Viktor reaches his leveled form after you create eight cards in total.
Viktor’s leveled form is also four-cost with +1/+1 in stats and the same keyword and Round Start ability. The new ability Viktor gains is a persistent aura effect that reduces the mana cost of your created cards by one while he’s on the field.
Viktor’s design continues iterating on the Augment mechanic by having him create multiple cheap cards that can boost all units with that keyword. In addition, leveling up Viktor can be a breeze depending on how committed you are to building your deck with creation-based cards.
The main aspect to remember about Viktor’s level up requirement and the Augment keyword is that the created cards don’t have to be random. This means effects like University of Piltover & Zaun are just as good as effects like Heimerdinger, Chump Whump, Avarosan Trapper. In addition, the created cards don’t need to be played, so if you get bad results from random creations or you don’t have the mana to play your Fleeting created cards, your Viktor will still get closer to leveling up.
Death Ray MK-1, one of the other cards revealed, is also a potent removal tool that can ramp in damage over time after the other upgrades are shuffled into your deck. A one damage ping for one mana at fast speed is potent for staving off aggro early. The fact that Death Ray can count for two creation credits toward Viktor’s level up will help make reaching his level two form more consistent.
Iterative Improvements, the last card revealed today, is also a potent card when combined with leveled-up Viktor. At base value, Iterative Improvements is effectively a two-mana “draw a card” effect that comes with the bonus of granting your “drawn” unit a +1/+1 buff. This alone is nothing remarkable, but with level two Viktor on the board, the created card is discounted by one, which can lead to strong tempo or combo turns.
Viktor will join the champion roster when LoR: Cosmic Creation is released on Dec. Waveform software for mac. 16.
The post Viktor to join the Piltover & Zaun champion roster in Legends of Runeterra appeared first on Dot Esports.
These are Piltover’s options for Interactive Lore Event V: The Beginning of the End.
Access to the pyrikhos would allow Piltover to transform Valoran with wondrous new technologies. Zaun’s murderous sabotage in the opening weeks of the dispute set Piltover back greatly, but Piltover fights on. Zaun’s recklessness has galvanized the other factions to unite against it.
Alliance with Bandle City
Piltover and Bandle City have cooperated closely for this entire arc. To Rumble’s dismay, the dispute has brought them closer together.
Finally, they will be given an option to formalize this alliance. If both sides agree, an alliance will be formed:
- Diplomatic pact. Their diplomatic options vis-a-vis Demacia and Zaun will be restricted. For example, neither side will be able to ally up with Zaun unless both sides agree. Also, each faction will be obligated to assist the other to react to a disaster or defend against an invasion.
- Featured Match bonus points. If either faction wins bonus points from Featured Matches, those points will be shared equally between both Piltover and Bandle City.
- Summoner substitution. Unlimited Summoner substitution is allowed for Piltover and Bandle City in all matches, including Featured Matches and Tournaments, so long as they are not fighting one another.
- Champion substitution. Piltover may borrow one Champion from Bandle City in each match, and vice versa. (Champions who are already shared, such as Heimerdinger, do not count against this limit.) However, Rumble will never fight for Piltover.
- Research surge. The first week after ratification, each faction will receive a +2 cooperation bonus on all research rolls for that week.
- Combined research. Each week, each faction will receive help from its ally on one project, chosen by staff, generally after informal consultation with members of that faction. On that project, the ally will contribute a second research roll. This bonus would not apply during the “surge” week immediately after ratification.
- Joint victory. If either faction wins the arc, Summoners from both factions will participate in the vote to select a faction for the next storyline. They will also share the pyrikhos, with the “actual winner” getting two-thirds and their ally getting one-third.
Even if both factions vote to form the alliance, it might be derailed if (e.g.) either faction is caught spying on the other.
Demacian agents have secretly approached the Mayor of Piltover. They reveal that they believe the disaster in the pyrikhos mines, which was blamed on Piltover, was in fact a sign that a divine prophecy is coming true: if Zaun is not stopped, it is only a matter of time before a horrible new Void War consumes Runeterra. King Jarvan III is considering military action to seize Zaun’s mines and exorcise them of the monsters they believe still lurk deep within. He wishes to know if he can count on Piltover should it come to that.
Zaun’s brutal act of sabotage crippled Piltovian research in the early phases of the dispute, killing thousands of innocent people in the process. Zaun then proceeded to blame Piltover for the voidling incursion in the mines. And it is not hard for many Piltovians to believe that Zaun will push the envelope further and further until someone either stops them or it all explodes in their face. On the other hand, what Demacia proposes is turning a relatively bloodless dispute into a full-scale war, in violation of the laws of the League.
If Demacia does attack Zaun, then Piltover’s participation would expose it to the same risks as Demacia would face: not only would there be a risk of battlefield losses, but if they fail, they can expect Zaun to demand (and receive) extremely harsh sanctions.
Piltover’s dapper secret agents have presented the Mayor with four classified espionage options. You may support all of them, none of them, or some of them. The odds are estimated as follows for each operation:
Piltover Champions Lol
- Chance of success: 50%
- Chance of being caught: 30%
Capture would likely lead to sanctions or the loss of classified intelligence to the enemy.
The options are as follows:
Zaun Cup Lol
- Operation Covert Cupcake
- Spy on Bandle City.
- If successful: gain a single bonus roll on all projects next week.
- In addition to the usual penalties, being caught would doom the alliance.
- Operation Dark Dragon
- Spy on Zaun.
- If successful: gain a single bonus roll on all projects next week.
- Operation Subtle Spanner
- Sabotage Zaun’s research or military.
- If successful: set back Zaun’s research or disable part of the Zaunite war machine for a short time.
- Operation Brazen Bunny
- Foment revolution in Noxus.
- If successful: increases the odds of a reformist victory in Noxus. More of a long-term play, but could have an impact even in the short term.
Lol Piltover Champions
Piltover may recruit a new Champion.
Ready to vote?